1. I need Revenue Increase in Budget changed to Spend and Claim (payment terms). How do I do this on the system?
If this is a new project award that was created on the eRA system after 1 November 2019, all requests to switch the payment terms should be channelled through the eRA System. If the fund has already been opened, and your Project Award form is sitting on “Fund Opened/Fund Amended” workflow step, you will need to proceed with a fund amendment request.
The Post-awards Research Admin role will complete the required FM003 form, to be signed off by Faculty Finance. The Post-awards Research Admin role will then move the project form to the “Fund Amendment Request Review by Faculty Finance” workflow step. Faculty Finance will then complete the required fund amendment details, attach the completed FM003, and select the “Fund Amendment Request Review by General Ledger” workflow step.
2. How can I be tagged on a Post-award form that I need to work on?
The Post-awards Research Admin contact can be tagged on the respective Project Award form in one of four ways:
Provision has been made for the Budget Reviewer role to tag the respective Post-awards Research Admin contact on the Internal Approval record. This means that should the fund application be successful, and a contract record is initiated from Pre-awards, the person tagged in this role will have immediate access to the Post-award record once it is initiated.
You can request (via email) that the Contracts Manager assigned to manage the relevant contract, tags you as the Faculty Contact on the Key Information tab of the Contract form. This will ensure that once the contract moves over to Post-Awards, you are already tagged as the Post-awards Research Admin contact and can immediately pick up the form for processing.
When a new Project Award record is created, and fund opening is required, it will sit on the “New Awarded Project” workflow step. At this step, the Post-awards Faculty Finance role can pick up the Project Award and tag the relevant Research Admin person on the Key Information tab of the Project Award form.
When a new Project Award record is created, and there is an existing fund linked to the project, it will land in Post-Awards on the “Debtors Sales Order processing” workflow step. At this step, Finance Debtors can be informed who the respective Research Admin contact should be and tag the relevant Research Admin person on the Key Information tab of the Project Award form.
3. I need an invoice raised urgently, but I’ve been told I need to do that on the system. How do I do this?
Requisition requests can only be submitted on the system once your main Project Award form is sitting on the “Project in Progress” workflow step.
4. I need to open a new fund for a Project Award record that has an existing fund linked to it. What do I do?
You will need to log a call with eRA support to change this. For this to be managed successfully, the existing Project Award record will be archived, so that a new Project Award form can be created, starting from the “New Awarded Project” workflow step so that fund opening can be processed.
5. How can I change/add another Research Admin person to an existing project award form?
Please see FAQ 2 above for instructions on how to tag a Post-awards Research Admin contact. Further to this, tagging of an additional Research Admin contact when the form has moved further down the workflow process, can be done in the following ways:
Faculty Finance has the ability to tag an additional Research Admin contact when the form is sitting on Fund Opening Review by Faculty Finance.
For all other points during the workflow that are inaccessible to the Post-awards Faculty Finance role, please log a call with eRA Support.
6. From Contacts Managers – I incorrectly selected “Signed contact, existing fund” workflow step. How do I fix this?
You will need to log a call with eRA Support to archive the Project Award record that was created as a result of the incorrect workflow step being selected at contract stage. We will then unlink the erroneous Project Award record from the contract, which will enable you to recreate a Project Award on the correct workflow step.
7. From Contacts Managers – I created a Project Award for a contract that does not require one. What do I do?
Please log a call with eRA Support for the Project Award record to be deleted.
8. From the researchers - I received a post-award notification. What do I do now?
Refer to the Research Announcement that went out in February 2020, which outlines the expectations of the PI in the Post-Awards process.
9. From Finance - Why can I not see a new Project Award record on the eRA system?
This issue could be related to the PI’s work affiliation card that is linked to the project. If the work affiliation for the PI is linked to a different faculty to the one you are in, you will then not be able to access or view this record. Please ensure that the corresponding work affiliation for the PI linked to the contact is set up for the faculty that should ultimately manage the Project Award.
10. A fund has been opened, but I cannot see the Project Award form. How do I find the form?
When a fund has been opened by General Ledger, and the Project Award form is sitting on Fund Opened/Fund Amended, the Project Award form is only accessible to the Post-awards Research Admin role. This Post-awards Research Admin then has the responsibility of moving the form to Finance Debtors for Sales Order processing (if applicable), or actioning Fund Amendment if it is required.
11. The staff member who needs to process the form is not in the office, what do I do?
It is best practice to ensure that there is more than one person tagged as the Post-awards Research Admin contact for situations where staff take annual, sick or bereavement leave. This will ensure that the Project Award record is always accessible to someone within the office to continue with project related tasks. For more information on tagging additional staff to a Project Award record, please refer to FAQs 2 & 5 above.
12. Do all existing active projects also need a Project Award created on the system?
13. What is the process to change the start and/or end dates of the project for the following scenarios?
14. What are the scenarios that require the fund number to be changed?
15. What is the process of changing a fund number for the following scenarios?
16. Which attributes are pulled from the Contracts module to the Post-Awards module?
The following information is pulled from the Contract but can be changed at Post-Awards stage by the Faculty Finance or Research Admin roles.
17. The following Fund Information is the original information pulled from the Contract record. If changes for the information below occur after the fund has been opened, they should be done on the contract ONLY.
18. What is the difference between all the eRA system reference numbers?