| Alan Pifer award
| Block grants
| Book Award
| Clough Eastern Religious Fellowship
| Conference travel grants
| College of Fellows' Young Researcher Award
| Creative Works Award
| Claude Leon Merit Award for Early-Career Researchers
| Equipment grants
| Hosting a conference grants
| Page costs
| Short research courses & visits grants
| Start-up grants
| Vera Davie bursary
| Visiting lecturers & visiting scholars grant
Hosting a Conference
The primary aim of this grant is to assist departments in arranging research conferences and symposia with seed funding to initiate conference arrangements. The focus is on providing support for smaller research conferences that otherwise would not take place without this seed funding. This grant is not intended for research development workshops or for large regular international conferences or national society annual conferences.
The HAC budget is allocated annually by the URC.
Deadlines and Meeting Dates
There is one deadline and one meeting per annum.
Deadline: 22 July 2016
Meeting date: 15 August 2016
Outcome date: 23 Augsut 2016
UCT researchers who are:
- Permanent academic staff;
- Honorary Research Associates; Emeritus Professors; Emeritus Associate Professors; Honorary Professors; Honorary Associate Professors and Senior Research Scholars who have published in accredited, subsidy-earning publications in the past year; and
- Joint permanent academic staff (excluding registrars).
- The applicant must use the correct application form (R&I16) downloaded from the forms website.
- The applicant must ensure that the complete and correctly endorsed application reaches the Research Office on or before the deadline date. Under NO circumstances will the deadline be extended.
- Applications for conferences retrospective to the application closing date will NOT be considered.
- Hard copies may be posted to the Research Office, Research Grants Management Cluster , 2 Rhodes Avenue, Mowbray OR e-mailed to email@example.com (but not both) on or before deadline date. Please ensure that you receive an acknowledgement of receipt after two days of the closing date.
Tel: 021 650 5110
R&I Application forms